In recent years, extensive work has been implemented by the Government of Uzbekistan to prevent and eliminate human trafficking and forced labor, to protect the rights and legitimate interests of citizens. President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev implemented effective measures to eliminate child and forced labor had been undertaken in cooperation with the International Labor Organization.
As a result of these efforts, child labor and the practice of systematic use of adult forced labor in agriculture, during refurbishment and landscaping works have been eliminated.
The latest report of the National Commission on Trafficking in Persons and Forced Labor highlights:
- The improvement of National Legislation and law enforcement practices
- Organizational and practical measures taken in the field of combating human trafficking and forced labor
- The protection and assistance to victims of trafficking in persons and forced labor
- The need to raise public awareness of the negative factors of human trafficking and forced labor
- Measures to strengthen international cooperation
- Ongoing problems in the fight against human trafficking and forced labor and recommendations for their solution
The report can be downloaded below:Download Report